WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- human resource managers
- human resource generalists
- human resource specialists
- employee benefits managers
- employee relations managers
- see eligibility requirements
Human Resource Management
is a growing and dynamic field.
Today's human resource
professionals recognize the importance of staying up-to-date on
current issues and emerging trends in their field, and in the many
areas of their organizations for which they are responsible.
In addition to the topics listed in
this web site these areas include:
- strategic human resource
- family and social
issues affecting the work place
- and, ever-changing legal issues
Mary Baldwin College's Professional Human Resource
Management certificate program offers human resource professionals
an opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of HR concerns.
The program's focus is on study preparation for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) examinations of the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). This course meets recertification requirements.
The PHR and SPHR designations are the most widely
recognized professional credentials in the field. HR professionals
who earn these designations join the ranks of 26,000 others and
enjoy the prestige and enhanced career advancement opportunities
these measures of technical competence afford them.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
You will receive the complete Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Learning System, which reflects the general body of knowledge tested by the HRCI. This is also an excellent up to date reference on current HR practices including "real world" information within each of the HR functional areas.
During the thirteen weeks of classes, the instructor facilitates discussion of the primary topics in the learning system, complemented by the wealth of experience shared by other participants. Practice tests are given and discussed weekly to hone your skills and prepare you for the certification exam. We offer an optional review course shortly before the exam -- an excellent way to "cram"!
This certificate confers CEU (Continuing Education Unit) credit which is not transferrable college credit. Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive a certificate in Professional Human Resource Management and 3.9 CEUs from Mary Baldwin College (4.5 CEUs including the review course) if all classes are attended. The HRCI administers the designation exams during
two annual testing windows: May 1-June 30 and November 15-January
15. All exams are computer-based, so results are known immediately.
For more information, contact the HRCI at www.hrci.org
or (866) 898-4724.
- 1 year of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master’s degree or higher
- 2 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor’s degree
- 4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master’s degree or higher
- 5 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor’s degree