- Employer: Dominion
- Type of Position: Internship
- Industry: Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics
- Location: Waterford, CT
- Salary Range:
Dominion is looking for a Biologist Intern for the Summer of 2013 that will work with mentors as they assist with varied and interesting tasks. Examples of these tasks will include biological field work and sample collection.
Duties include working independently or with biologists to collect, enter, edit, and analyze biological data in mandated monitoring programs. All work must be performed in compliance with laboratory procedures, safe work practices, and applicable state and federal regulations. Work may include physically challenging environments, (e.g., boats, rocky shores), hazardous substances (e.g., formalin, liquid nitrogen), and otherwise harsh conditions (e.g., inclement weather, night sampling). Specific responsibilities are as follows:
1. Assist staff biologists in field sample collection aboard research vessels and at shoreline locations.
2. Be available to work occasional nights and early mornings if required.
3. Become familiar with laboratory procedures and company safety policies to ensure work is performed safely.
Required Education and Experience:
·Candidate must be attending a 4 year college or university, majoring in Biology or Environmental Science.
·Candidate must be a current Sophomore or Junior.
·Candidate must have at least a 2.5 GPA.
·Candidate must be able to quickly become familiar with laboratory procedures and company safety policies to ensure work is performed safely.
·Candidate must be available to work occasional nights and early mornings if needed.
Candidate must be currently enrolled in a four (4) year college or university majoring in Biology or Environmental Studies.
To Apply visit: