- Employer: Warren Whitney
- Type of Position: Full-Time Job
- Industry: Business Management and Administration
- Location: Richmond, VA
- Salary Range:
Senior Bookkeeper, Full-Time
Warren Whitney, a professional service firm, has multiple openings for employment for a full-time Senior Bookkeeper. Some openings are for direct employment with our clients. Other openings are for direct employment with Warren Whitney for positions as a consultant to work on client accounts.
CLIENT OPENINGS: The positions with our clients vary, including openings at for-profit companies as well as nonprofit organizations.
WARREN WHITNEY OPENINGS: The openings at Warren Whitney are in an account management role. Warren Whitney provides accounting and other management services to client companies. Our employees typically work with three or four clients at a time, normally at our clients’ offices, performing the assigned function on an outsourced basis. Clients can come from a wide range of industries, creating a diverse and enriched portfolio of work. We work with mid-sized companies and nonprofit organizations. For more information, please visit www.warrenwhitney.com.
Successful candidates will be experienced, “hands-on,” and used to performing all accounting functions with no staff. Specific duties include the following:
* Perform all functions of Accounts Payable, including invoice coding, invoice input, payment of invoices, and statement review/resolution.
* Perform all functions of Accounts Receivable, including manual invoice entry, payment posting, and collections.
* Perform all Payroll functions (for usually less than 50 employees), including verification of third party Payroll service providers, recording of Payroll transactions in the General Ledger, and employee advances/loan processing/tracking.
* Human Resource functions, including the processing of employee insurance, 401(k), leave accruals, and profit sharing programs.
* Fixed Assets tracking and recording of assets and depreciation.
* General Ledger functions to include recording and amortizing prepaid expenses, journal entry preparation and entry, and Balance Sheet account reconciliation to include inter-company accounts.
* Preparation and review of financial statements and budgets.
Required Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of an associate’s degree in accounting or coursework toward a bachelor’s degree in accounting or commensurate experience, plus a minimum of five years of experience in the following areas:
* Accounts Payable
* Accounts Receivable & Collections
* General Ledger
* Fixed Assets
* Month-end journal entries including prepaid expenses
* Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation
* Preparation of Financial Statements
* Human Resources
* Must be highly proficient in Excel & Word
* Good communication skills required, both oral and written
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE (Not Required):
* Experience with accounting in nonprofit organizations
* Investment account activity
* Internal allocations
* Accrued expenses
* Revenue recognition
* Release of restricted cash
The successful candidate will feel comfortable working with a variety of people and will be driven to maintain the highest professional standards.
CLIENT PARAMETERS: With our clients, most direct positions are subject to normal work hours and provide a variety of benefits and salary ranges.
WARREN WHITNEY PARAMETERS: Consultants at Warren Whitney are allowed much latitude in crafting a portfolio of clients that appeals to them and fits with their need for life balance. Hours may vary, but are normally between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Warren Whitney provides a full package of benefits, including health and dental insurance, matched retirement account, and disability. Compensation is based on billing.
To apply for either type of position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Bookkeeper” in the subject line. Please include information regarding compensation goals.
Candidates must submit to a criminal background check, credit check, and drug test prior to employment.